World Press Briefing for 20th Asian Games wraps up in Nagoya

Chubu Electric Power Mirai Tower – set to stage One Asia World. (Photo: https://www.nagoya-info.jp)
Chubu Electric Power Mirai Tower – set to stage One Asia World. (Photo: https://www.nagoya-info.jp)

Nagoya, Japan, May 22, 2026: The second World Press Briefing for the 20th Asian Games came to a close at Nagoya Port Messe on Friday afternoon.

 

The two-day briefing involved a series of presentations from organising committee AINAGOC, question and answer sessions and venue tours, which included a visit to the refurbished Nagoya City Mizuho Park Athletic Stadium – venue for the opening and closing ceremony and athletics.

 

Some of the key topics on the second morning of the briefing were transportation, accreditation and information about the two recently added sports of padel and teqball, which take the total number of sports to 43 and events to 468.

 

The Acting Director General of AINAGOC, Mr. Yasuhiro Nakamori, said the two-day briefing had been very meaningful and beneficial for all parties.

 

“When we have confirmed all the details for teqball and padel, such as the competition venues and dates of competition, we will let the media know. We will provide all the information as soon as possible,” he said.

 

“In the meantime, I would like to thank you all for your cooperation and your professional services, which is very important to promote the Asian Games and also to provide a legacy for the next generation.”

 

In closing the briefing, the OCA’s Director of Media and Broadcast, Mr. Jeans Zhou Jian, thanked all participants for giving up their time to attend the two-day event, which was held at Nagoya Port Messe – location of the Main Media Centre for the 20th Asian Games, which will run from September 19 to October 4.

 

“This was the second World Press Briefing and the last before the Asian Games, but communication remains open. We truly appreciate you coming here and look forward to working together with AINAGOC for a successful Asian Games,” he said.

*Transportation: Will be a combination of the public transportation card (TP Card) issued free to media for venues in Nagoya City and Aichi Prefecture, and media shuttle buses from either the Main Media Centre or from the nearest train station to the competition venue. The TP Card for free public transportation cannot be used in Tokyo.

*Visa waiver to enter Japan: From July 31 for all accredited media.

*Details of the flame-lighting ceremony in Tokyo on August 18, Hiroshima on August 20 and Nagoya Castle on August 22 were announced, as well as the torch relay through 40 municipalities of Aichi Prefecture from August 22 to September 18. There will be two separate routes for the relay involving 1,000 runners. The relay includes a school torch relay from September 7-15.

*The announcement of the runner uniform, torch and relay routes will be revealed at the 100-day countdown ceremony on June 11, as well as the public relations runners.

*OCA and AINAGOC will join forces to organise One Asia World during the Asian Games – a promotional event centered around the Chubu Electric Power Mirai Tower, a symbol of Nagoya City. It will project a sense of Asian unity, history and memorable moments of past Asian Games, past MVPs and legendary athletes from around the continent.

*The two-day World Press Briefing on May 21-22 followed the second World Broadcasters Meeting on May 19-20.